Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Big Apple

I had the great fortune to travel for my first time to New York City!

Once landed on Friday, I cabbed to Liz's building and was greeted with a wonderful hug from my friend. It was going to be a great weekend. Friday night we joined with some other SMU MBA's and celebrated Santiago's birthday with a dinner at a nice little restaurant . I won't pretend to remember where it was exactly.

Saturday, Liz and I met up with Sydney and we visited the 9/11 memorial, ate lunch on Stone Street (yes, you are right, it is a street of stone!), and took a ferry to Governor's Island where there was an art festival. The art festival was fun and we felt like we were either in the 70's or high (which of course we weren't). We hurried back to the city and got tickets for a the Broadway 'Chicago' - on Broadway.

Sunday was another day of tourist adventure as Liz and I took the subway to the north side of Central Park and walked the entire way through. It is much larger than either of us imagined it to be! It was really lovely and so many large areas of grass that people were sun bathing and picnicking. Loved it! We spent the evening preparing for our internships for the week at Barnes & Nobles.

Liz had work on Monday so I was left to my own devices. (muahaha). I decided to take the subway back to Central Park and run around a little in an iconic way. It was absolutely beautiful and I think that if I lived in NYC, I would definitely enjoy running there often. I grabbed lunch and headed to the airport on my way to Michigan and my internship at Interlochen Center for the Arts. (see next blog)

Overall, I really enjoyed NY and I'm so glad that I had good friends to be around and enjoy the city with. Especially as they were newbie tourists too :) And though it is the 'city that never sleeps', we thankfully got plenty of rest in order to be well rested for the work week.

~Elizabeth



"It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story." ~Agatha Christie

9/11 memorial 

View of NYC from Governor's island
 
Central Park 

 Pony up!


No comments:

Post a Comment