Thursday, May 16, 2013

I see the sun, but it should be sleeping

China 5/16/13

Left Beijing at 5am in the morning for a 13 hour ish flight to land in Chicago for a short layover (realized how amazing a clean bathroom really is), then finally to Dallas. I've already unpacked, started some laundry, taken a shower (with safe and happy water!), but avoiding my bed as much as possible (I have essentially stayed up all night and it is now 6:45 am the next day for my body). 

This GLP trip was absolutely wonderful. I loved being in China and cannot imagine having a better experience than on the trip I was placed on. As for the rest of the semester, we have a presentation to give on Tuesday regarding the GLP trip (I'm not on the presentation team but will be attending and excited to hear about the other group's trips). After that, the first year of grad school is done!

I am also proud to say that I accomplished a little goal I had for the trip - I can now eat (slowly) with chopsticks in my non-dominant hand though that's pointless. I also learned how to hold chopsticks the correct way! 

The sun is shining, but I really wish it would sleep so I could as well.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment