Monday, June 24, 2013

Interlochen

My time at Interlochen Arts Camp was absolutely fantastic!

I could end this short blog with that. Seriously though, the counsellors / staff were absolutely wonderful - any time something needed to be done, most of them would jump up and volunteer to help. I would work with Interlochen again anytime (even though Michigan doesn't quite appeal to me - being a cold state way up there. .. )

Last couple days we were there went something like this: started at 7am Thursday morning, worked until 12am, up at 5am Friday morning and worked until 2am, up at 7am and then crashed for a 6-hour nap at 11am when we were finally done with Institutes. In that span of time, we totaled 138 phone calls, killed hundreds of mosquitoes, drank only 4 cups of coffee, checked out hundreds of institute campers, welcomed 13 early camp arrivals, and trapped one very scared mouse under a trash can.

Overall, I am so glad I got to be there, and excited about the possibility of being there again next year!

~Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment