Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Beginning Life on the Big Island

Greetings from Hawai'i!

So far, I love this state. I'm living in Waimea - which is up on a mountain at about 2,500 ft elevation. It is a beautiful part of the island - though not lush with vegetation, the landscape has rolling hills and grassy knolls.

I have been able to get to the beach once since my time here (Beach 69 - which is located near highway mile marker 69.. ) and though it was a bit chilly and overcast, it was beautiful. I can't wait to explore the other beaches that are close to my location. I have also gotten to go 'paddling' which is similar to kayaking but not the same (as I found out). I'll be trying to go with 2 other girls from HPAF every M/W/F. It's definitely a good upper body workout of 2 miles of paddling.

As for work, I'm on day 3 which has been the most productive of all the days so far, in my opinion. At least, I've known what I needed to do before asking for projects, and have completed them at a satisfactory level. I like days that I have alot of 'assignments' to do and can check them off quickly.

That's it for now - I'll post updates and cool stuff I get to do as it comes along. Tomorrow is the 4th of July and I'll do my pool dive for scuba certification in the afternoon.

A hui hou kakou (until we meet again)

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment