Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Break

Projects completed. Papers written. Tests taken. Assignments turned in. The mod is over. And all that remains?

Our grades.

This waiting period is probably my least favorite part of each mod.

Besides that, I'm enjoying a week off back in my hometown with my family. Today I began looking at my assignments for next mod and thinking (so far only thinking) of doing some work to get ahead. I'm excited about Mod B but I'm also thinking it will be a lot of work and time. I decided to add another elective to my schedule which ends up adding double my current reading load per week. I'll also have to really stay on top of assignments due to my trips out of town throughout the mod.

Another fun thing - because of my extra curricular work with SMU's Business Leadership Center, I have been paired with an Executive Coach through Mod B. This will be a weekly meeting to discuss my goals - currently they are: 'How to motivate a team to sustain effectiveness and interest' and 'Gain knowledge on how to successfully transition from staff member to management leader - especially considering my young age'. I'm excited to see what I can gain from this coaching opportunity that SMU has provided.

That's all for now.

~Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment