Monday, April 15, 2013

Travels: Philippines Adventure Day -1. Before it all begins

Very excited about the opportunity to travel to the Philippines tomorrow! (officially it's the Republic of the Philippines)..  It'll be a relatively quick trip of one week visiting Manila and Tagaytay.

Why, you ask, am I going to the Philippines? Excellent question - my father is a microbiology professor and textbook author and was invited to be the plenary speaker at a microbiology conference in the Philippines. Not wanting to go alone, he invited my brother and me to join him. How could we refuse?!

This won't be an easy trip considering that I'm taking off a week of school near finals. I have prepared for this, however, and have read material for the rest of the mod, worked on cases and write-ups so that I will not be behind. Lots of work, but worth it to visit to a country I probably will never visit again.

I'll be posting our day's adventures on this blog as well as a favorite picture or two.

~Elizabeth

"Experience is the teacher of all things" - Julius Caesar




No comments:

Post a Comment